There are many robust and exciting examples of ePortfolio Galleries and Showcases available on the web. Since I am often asked for examples, I have compiled this list (which is updated frequently). There are 4 sections: general showcases, examples by discipline, case studies, and materials for creating syllabi. Feel free to suggest other portfolios & resources in the comments section!
General Showcases (Multidisciplinary)
Macaulay Honors College, CUNY
Graduate work: Stanford University
The Portfolio to Professional ePortfolio Project at Stanford University
- Portfolio to Professional ePortfolio 2015 cohort: https://pathbrite.com/portfolio/PLTNlPin3/2015-portfolio-to-professional-eportfolio-collection
- Portfolio to Professional ePortfolio 2016 cohort: https://pathbrite.com/portfolio/PLTNUPTJ6/p2p-spring-2016
- Portfolio to Professional ePortfolio 2017 cohort: https://pathbrite.com/portfolio/PLTN1PVS6/2017-portfolio-to-professional-eportfolio-gallery
Chemistry and Biochemistry
- Adriana Avilia
- Charles Herbert Flowers High School
- LaGuardia Community College (Biology)
- Stony Brook
Civil and Environmental Engineering
Communication and Theater Arts
English Composition (WPA)
Political Science and Geography
Sociology and Criminal Justice
In-Depth Case Studies
- Catalyst for Learning
Available on-line: http://c2l.mcnrc.org
Created by 24 campuses in the Connect to Learning project, this site demonstrates and deepens the value of ePortfolio to higher education. It offers data, practices and strategies, showing how ePortfolio can advance learning, deepen pedagogy and assessment, and support institutional change. Case studies are arranged by topic and also by institution. This is a rich and detailed resource.
- Inter/National Coalition for Electronic Portfolio Research
Available on-line: incepr.org
Facilitated by Kathleen Blake Yancey, Barbara Cambridge, and Darren Cambridge, this multi-year research project brings together 10 cohorts of campuses to study ePortfolio practices. Each cohort studies a key aspect of ePortfolio for three years. All of the cohort findings are public and available on the web.
Sample Materials for Creating Syllabi and Assignments
- "Class Syllabi, General Education and ePortfolios" by Jeffrey Appling, Jessica Gancar, Shiree Hughes and Alex Saad of Clemson University
- Step-By-Step in the Capstone Course by Rajendra Bhika
- Demetri Kapatanakos' World Literatures Written In English Course Portfolio
Sample Introductions to ePortfolio
- Introducing ePortfolios to Your Students: A Checklist (Otterbein)
- Via A Gallery (University of Delaware)
- Showing an ePortfolio: Shanna Hunsaker's ePortfolio
- A YouTube Discussion (Dublin City University)
- Discussing Expectations via an Exploration of an ePortfolio (Mark Morton discussing Savita Malik's ePortfolio)
- Auburn University
Reflection Assignment Examples
- Pace University
- Salt Lake Community College Reflection Assignments
- Scholarly Readings:
- "ePortfolio as a Measure of Reflective Practice"
- "Examining the Role of Reflection in ePortfolios: A Case Study"
- "Reflection, Integration, and ePortfolio Pedagogy"
- Reflecting on an Art History ePortfolio Assignment